Monday, August 4, 2014

TWA Life (Teeny Weeny Afro)

Let's talk about TWA (Teeny Weeny Afros), I have been rocking my TWA since I did the big chop on May 1st 2014. I have been in love with my new look since the first time I saw it(but my husband hated it). Cutting my hair was not only liberating, it was also empowering. By cutting and freeing my hair of the many non-natural hair products and chemicals, I was no longer a slave to America's standard of beauty. "So long relaxers and so long hair extensions", now for you that do not know about TWA's, its that small afro of new growth that curls up after you cut off all of that dead and stringy damaged hair. Don't get discouraged, it won't stay "teeny weeny" for long. The ways to keep your new found afro styled is; lots of bows, lots of moisturizer, lots of tiny twist, and lots of gel(I prefer ecoStyler Olive Oil Gel). Personally, I suggest Cantu's Shea butter products, they have helped me through my TWA days. You must deep condition your hair once a week and shampoo once a month, the pre-wash is a different story, it's a mild shampoo that cleanses buildup from other hair products, this is what you can use once every other week, but at the same time keep all the moisture in your hair. If you decide to do the big chop, embrace your TWA, don't run from it. At first, you might look at it and say "Oooooh naw", on the count of it being extremely short, but believe me, IT'S WORTH IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Recent Posts

Featured Posts

Recent Comments

Featured Posts